Hey Boba Lovers!
Love drinking boba milk tea, well you can make it at home and share it with family and friends. With our Classic Boba at Home Kit, you can make your own cup of boba milk tea. The recipe included is for a single cup or multiple cups. We have also included a video down below on how to make BOBA MILK TEA AT HOME.
1. First, gather let’s gather all the ingredients.
2. In a pot on high heat bring 7 cups of water to a rolling boil.
3. Once the water is at a rolling boil, add in 1 ¼ cup of boba pearls.
4. Immediately stir the boba pearls to keep them from clumping together. Once the boba pearls float to the top turn the heat to medium.
5. Cook for 15 minutes at medium heat. After 15 minutes turn off the heat and leave the boba pearls for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, we are going to prepare the simple syrup for the boba pearls. But before that we need to boil 8 cups of water in a kettle or in a pot. The hot water will be used for simple syrup, creamer and tea.
7. In a bowl add 3/4 cup honey. Make sure to use a big bowl because you will be adding the boba pearls in here as well.
8. Add 3/4 cup of hot water.
9. Stir until the hot water and honey are combined.
10. Once the mixture has combined the simple syrup is ready for the boba pearls.
11. In a mesh a strainer, strain and rinse the boba pearls under running cold water. Rinsing the boba pearls under cold water adds a chewy texture to the boba pearls and removes the extra starches.
12. Add the boba pearls to the simple syrup and leave it to soak for 10 minutes. If you skip this step the boba pearls are going to taste bland.
13. While boba pearls are soaking up the simple syrup, let’s prepare the tea and creamer.
14. In a teapot add 8g (5 tsp) of tea leaves. You can choose from the three classic tea leaves; Black, Jasmine Green, or Oolong tea.
15. Add 6 cups of hot water.
17. In a small pitcher add 3 ounces (9tbsp) of non-dairy creamer powder.
18. Add 3/4 c of hot water and whisk until the mixture is completely smooth.
20. Then grab a glass, 6 cups of ice, and a straw. We can now assemble our boba milk tea.
21. Add 2 tbsp of boba pearls into a tall glass with 3 tbsp of simple syrup. You can add more or fewer boba pearls and adjust the sweetness level to your liking.
22. Then add about 1 cup of ice.
23. Add 1 cup of tea.
24. Add 2 tbsp of creamer.
25. Stir and sip away!
This recipe is with our Classic DIY Boba Kit for 6 cups of boba milk tea.
In a bowl combine ¾ c of honey with ¾ c of hot water, then stir until the mixture is combined.
In a bowl combine the whole bag of creamer powder (3 oz) with 3/4 c of hot water. Then stir until the mixture is combined.
In a large teapot or container combine the whole bag of tea leaves (8 g) with 6 cups of hot water and steep for 5 – 10 minutes (the longer you steep the tea, the deeper the flavor).
In a tall glass, add 2 tbsp of boba pearls with 3 tbsp of simple syrup. You can adjust the sweetness level by adding more or less of the simple syrup. Then add ice, tea, and 2 tbsp of creamer.
STIR AND Enjoy!
This recipe is modified for 1 cup of boba milk tea with our Classic DIY Boba Kit.
For Boba Pearls:
In a bowl add 2 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of hot water, then stir until the mixture is combined.
In a container add 2 tbsp of creamer and 1 tbsp of hot water, then stir until the mixture is combined.
In a teapot add 1 tsp tea leaves with 1 cup of hot water and steep for 5 – 10 minutes (the longer the tea steeps, the deeper the flavor).
In a tall glass, add the boba pearls along with the simple syrup the boba was steeping in. Then add ice, tea, and creamer.
Disclaimer: Remember to drink responsibly to avoid choking on boba pearls.